Friday, January 30, 2009

My little girl is SIX today!!!


I've waited all night to post this at the time she was born. On Jan 30th 2003, my little girl was born at 1:50am. She was 6lbs 11oz and wide awake and healthy. It was such an amazing and wonderful feeling. Six years later I continue to be amazed at how much she grows and changes each day. The last year especially she has gotten so tall and her face so much more mature looking. She is amazingly beautiful, and I don't just say that because I'm biased. She has such a good heart as well. Even thought she sometimes struggles with difficult emotions for me to deal with as a mom, underneath I know most times she just wants more attention and to be reassured she is well loved. She is always excited to have "Girl Time" with me even if its only a few moments a day. Elise is into your pretty typical "girly" things right now; loves to have her nails painted, play with dolls and stuffed animals, etc...

At school she is thriving. I am floored, seriously in awe of how much she has learned and grown academically the past few months. She's gone from sounding out letters to truly reading. Its an amazing thing to hear her read aloud. It also really makes it hit home how fast she is growing up and changing. Its scary (for me). I feel like up to now she has been fairly safely under my wing, but she is starting to get brave and fly farther from home, experiencing more of the world and other people. I understand just a wee little bit of how veteran moms claim the worrying when they are truly little ones, is the easy part. Worrying when they are away or about how the "outside" world and people may affect them (or hurt them), is worse.

Well, I could ramble on about how guilty I feel that she has to go to a babysitter tonight (Friday) because both DH and I work, but it should be fine and we will celebrate earlier in the day and then on Sat too!! So I'm not gonna cry about it! Instead I'll post links to the cute things I bought her for her birthday presents.

I couldn't resist this PERFECT one:


And then this too (both are by Melissa & Doug):


And then this guitar. It was supposed to be a Christmas present, but the kids will each get one as a Birthday present instead.


I hope she will feel special and have a great day!! And I will try to pretend that I'm not old enough to have a SIX year old. :)

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Happy Birthday Elise!!! SIX...isn't it crazy??!! That means that we have known each other for almost 7 years! I remember way back when all of us were wondering whether we would still be chatting together when our kids were in school!

I'm sure you will have a great weekend!!!

Mel said...

Happy Birthday to your little girl! You won my Little Debbie Giveaway from the Bloggy Giveaways so email me your email address and address so I can pass it on to my Little Debbie person. Congrats!!